These golden chicken bites are the perfect snack to go with your tea. Bengalis are big on nashta or some nibbles with their tea.
I do miss this evening snack ritual which would often be the family gathering around for some tea right after Asr prayers or even after Magrib.
While this isn’t the typical Bengali nashta item but these crispy chicken popcorns are just as good (humour me okay?) as the shingara, puri or pakoras- just a tad bit quicker and perfect to share with friends and family!
What you will need:
• 250g boneless chicken breast
• Salt 1/2tsp
• Black pepper 1tsp
• Garlic powder 1tsp
• Soya sauce 1tsp
• Paprika 1tsp
• Egg 1
• AP flour 5tbsp
• Rice Flour 4tbsp
• Oil for frying
1. Cut chicken into small bite sized pieces and mix in the beaten egg and soya sauce.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients with the flours.
3. Coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture.
4. Fry in batches for about 4-5 minutes.