Pinterest inspired this one! I love butternut squash and want to have it in every form possible! You can find some more interesting squash recipes on my Instagram @reemis.kitchen! The recipe for this Mexican style squash is very simple, healthy and perfect for a meatless meal!
What you will need:
- Butternut squash
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Half a can of kidney beans
- 1 cup frozen mix veg
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2tbsp Chilli sauce
- 1tsp Smoked paprika powder
- Cheese (optional)
- 3 chopped pickled Jalapeño ( optional
1.Wash the squash well, cut into half and deseed. Rub olive oil all over and bake in oven for 40 mins at 200C.
2. To a pan, add kidney beans, frozen veg and rice. Mix in the paprika, jalapenos, salt and pepper and cook for 10mins
3. Scoop out the squash meat and mix in with the rice. Add lemon juice.
4. Stuff the squash with the rice mix, top it with cheese and bake at 200 for 10mins.