I love Okra but as a child used to despise that slippery feeling on my fingers! I have come to realise that if you cut your Okra really thin and stir fry them in high heat you could avoid the slippery touch! And if you don’t mind that soft mushy touch, then there is just so many more ways to enjoy this Veggie!
Time and ease is what I look for in my daily cooking and this stir fry is one of the easiest veggie stir fries ever and also quick on time!
What you will need:
- 300g frozen okra finely chopped
- 2-3 small potatoes cubed
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2tsp coriander powder
- 3tsp sunflower oil
- 3tsp mustard oil
- Fresh coriander
- Add the sunflower oil to a hot pan and add the garlic and chilli flakes, fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the sliced onions and cook down the onions till soft.
- Add the mustard oil and cook the onions in medium high heat.
- Add in the chopped potatoes and some salt to season. Cook the potatoes for 10minutes or until slightly soft. You can add some water to cook the potatoes.
- Add in the okra followed by the spices and more salt and cook for 6-7minutes ( you can add some water to ensure all the spices blend in well).
- Finish off with fresh coriander.
This stir fry is great with rice and even chapatis! Great for your meatless Mondays!