We love all kinds of noodles and making veggie chowmein with wholewheat spaghetti is my healthy twist to the traditional chowmein. I came about making this when I was trying to finish a pack of wholewheat spaghetti that was too close to its end date! I love how we don’t even miss the egg noodles in this recipe and don’t really mind the spaghetti texture because the spaghetti just soaks up the sauces!
What you will need:
- Wholewheat spaghetti for 2
- 1/2 cup frozen mix vegetables
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 pepper thinly sliced
- 1.5tsp red chilli flakes
- 2tsp sriracha
- 2tsp dark soya sauce
- 1.5tsp tomato ketchup
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- 2tsp sesame oil
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4tsp sesame seeds
- Boil the spaghetti as instructions on pack.
- Add oil to a hot pan and add the garlic and 1tsp chilli flakes, saute in low heat.
- Add the onion and cook in high heat till translucent. Add the veggies and all the sauces, cook in medium high heat for 5-8mins.
- Add your cooked spaghetti and the bell pepper. Toss with some salt and black pepper.
- Finish off with some fresh coriander, sesame seeds and 1/2tsp of red chilli flakes. (Optional)
You have got dinner ready under 20minutes!