This creamy cajun spiced pasta is one of my favourite!I love mixing the tangy passata with the rich creamy bechamel for the base of the pasta and the cajun spices just lifts the whole thing! This dish comes together in 20mins and is the perfect indulgent meal for the weekend or the week!
What you will need:
- 300g penne pasta
- 100g chopped chicken breast
- 2 cups Bechamel sauce (equal parts of butter n flour and gradually add milk to make a thick sauce)
- 1/2 cup passata
- 3tsp cajun spice
- 1tsp dried basil
- 1tsp black pepper powder
- 1tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2tsp sugar
- 2tsp salt
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2tbsp oil
- 2tsp butter
- 1/4cup grated cheddar
- Fresh basil
1. Marinate chicken with half the cajun spices and lemon juice.
2. Add oil to a hot pan and add the chopped garlic and red chilli flakes. Fry for a couple of minutes in low flame.
3. Add the chicken and fry for 5-6 minutes.
4. Add in the passata along with the sugar,salt,rest of the cajun seasoning and dried basil. Cook in med low heat for 10mins.
5. Add boiled pasta and half cup of the pasta water.
6. Check for seasoning before adding the bechamel sauce. Add bechamel sauce along with the butter and coat the pasta mix well in high heat. Make sure not to dry out the sauce completely and if you want a lighter sauce then add some more of the pasta water.
Finish off with some black pepper, cheese and fresh basil.